Sunday 26 March 2023

Sunday Stitch School - Revision: Stitches 241 - 245

Sue! Sue! Sunbonnet Sue! Where are you? It is time for you to come out from the shadows... Let's repeat the following Sunday Stitch School's stitches and then make a summery sampler:

(click on the title for instructions)

241 Bow Tie Stitch











A Rhodes type of stitch, that could be used for birds, butterflies as well as Bow Ties.


242 Double Wheatear Stitch











I really like this Wheatear stitch variation. Double beauty!


243 Basket Stitch








Easy and useful.


244 French Cretan Stitch


















I have received so many suggestions for what this stitch looks like. I don't like it very much but it is an unusual stitch for sure.





















It looks especially nice on a gentle curve.


Homework:
Use Sue to sum up the stitches.























Next week has a busy schedule - I might not manage to have the sampler done by Friday...

6 comments:

Toki said...

Wait patiently for Sue to appear. I think Sue probably isn't wearing a mask.

Rachel said...

I'm looking forward to this one! Particularly to see what you do with French Cretan Stitch..

carorose said...

I agree with you about the double wheat ear stitch.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Double wheatear stitch is very pretty

Pamela said...

I'm a big fan of your wheatear stitch!

Tanya said...

Hmmm. It's a little early for Sue to be walking in a wheat field... though I can envision a field filled with flowers and greenery and butterflies... Where will Sue end up next?