Sunday 19 February 2023

Sunday Stitch School: 242 - Double Wheatear Stitch

When you hear the name of this week's stitch, Double Wheatear Stitch, you already know what's in store, don't you?

Yes, it is a version of the basic Wheatear Stitch, where you make TWO pairs of ears for each kernel. 


Learn it at Pintangle where Sharon will treat you to an easy-to-follow tutorial.

Here are my photo instructions:

Make a V.




Make another V.


Take the needle behind the stitches

without going through the fabric.



Here is your first stitch:
a kernel with TWO pairs
of ears.

Make another set.



End with a kernel.

You can also add a single ear at
the top.



How about ending the line with the
ears? Not, authentic, maybe,
but why not?

What do you think?


Homework:
Let the wheat grow strong on these samplers.
I hope we won't need a scarecrow to keep the Bow Tie 'birds' away from the crops!


5 comments:

Pamela said...

I like this stitch!

Angela said...

I have done Wheat's Ear so this wouldn't be too difficult for me. I love the way it looks.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I looks very nice.

Rachel said...

Oh, that's a very nice variation, isn't it!

carorose said...

This hs always been one of my favourites.