Wednesday 22 March 2023

WIPW - All Cups In Place

 For this Work In Progress Wednesday report, on the 


Mandala

all the cups have been attached. I have also backstitched the undulating line of Chain Stitch with a metallic thread.



The next step will be to alter the 'snake heads' so they look less scary.


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

There is another shape filled with #168 Croatian Stitch. Compare the difference in the lacing with the version on the left.

I also tried to make a bow with #11 Knotted Satin Stitch, but I am not impressed with the result. The Perle thread is a bit too slippery for the 'knots', which are hidden underneath the Satin Stitch, to sit still. The result is it looks like a sloppy bow... I think I will unstitch it and either try with a different thread or a different shape, or both!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

The mandala looks great. It’s nice to see the whole thing!

Rachel said...

Maybe a matte thread for the bow?

Angela said...

The mandala is coming along nicely. How do you plan to alter the snake's head? Satin is too difficult for me to get right. I just don't do it.

Tanya said...

"Altering snake heads!" part of an embroidery artist's skills!