Wednesday 13 April 2022

WIPW - Plastic Cups and a New Elephant

Hello!

Here is this week's Work In Progress Wednesday report.

Velveteen Cushion

I have started adding cupped round circles. 

You cut a circle of fabric, do a Running Stitch line along the edge, place a plastic cup inside and pull, then appliqué onto the velveteen.



This cushion will not be too comfortable to lean back against - good as it is meant as a decorative cushion only.

Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

Circles are the theme on this project, too. I made two more circles with #8 Heavy Chain. Inside they are filled with #49 Colonial Knots and #56 Detached Twisted Chain Stitch.




Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart

New and old. The completed one has now got its titles in each box. 



Here is the new reference chart, awaiting the first stitch, #206 Rapid Stitch. There are 55 vacant spaces. 

Do you think I will be able to find 55 other stitches?

Yes, I think so! If I get stuck, I can always make new ones by adding beads to established stitches, ha, ha!

Here is the Sunday Stitch School Stitch collection so far, the #206 Rapid Stitch already found its place!


A New Elephant

I made another stuffed toy elephant. This time I used interfacing to stabilise the fabric, so it is a bit better than the previous one. I am still not satisfied with the trunk, though. Next time, if there ever is one, I will use another pattern.


At least it is a cuddly toy.


6 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't think you will have any trouble finding more stitches - there seems to be an inexhaustible supply!

carorose said...

I don't think you will have a problem with this, and, as you said, you can always add another feature to an old one.

Janie said...

Still having computer issues here, but we’ve switched to a new server, maybe that will help? Your progress is great with new plans, stitches and a cute toy elephant. I like the Rapid Stitch, lots of possibilities.

Pamela said...

The covered plastic discs are a great addition to the cushion and the elephant toy is very cute!

Lyn Warner said...

:) Love your amusing comment about your uncomfortable cushion.

What a super reference library of stiches you are building up. I've often thought that the one thing missing from stitch samplers is the names of the stitches. Working out how to do a stitch from a stitched sample can be tricky.

Angela said...

Your stitch sampler so impressive! Wow! I wish I were that organized. The elephant is adorable!