Sunday 24 April 2022

Sunday Stitch School: Lesson 208 - Star Filling Stitch

 I don't know why I haven't added this beautiful stitch before; I have used it on innumerable projects. 

You can vary it by using various threads or threads in two or three different colours, change the size of each cross or the length of each leg. It can be strict and tidy, or free and wonky.

We are talking about the Star Filling Stitch which is made up of a Cross Stitch, an Upright Cross Stitch (or St George Cross Stitch) and a smaller Cross Stitch that ties the other two crosses to the fabric.

I found it in several of my books, and on the internet, of course, e.g. Textile Research Centre, or Needle Crafter


Here are my photo instructions:







Homework:
Add here.













7 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, yes! Definitely trying this one! Thank you.

Rachel said...

You probably assumed you'd already put it in, until you realised you hadn't!

crazyQstitcher said...

Lovely stitch! The gold tone over blue really enhances it. This will be a Keeper. Thank you for sharing.

carorose said...

I use this one all the time just to add a touch to a piece.

Pamela said...

Nice stitch and easy to do!

Toki said...

You can get a big effect with two colors.
The instructions in your photo are always very clear.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely stitch to do and look at.