Wednesday 29 December 2021

WIPW - Cutting the Wadding

This is the last Work In Progress report for 2021.


Log Cabin Challenge

I have started to cut off the excessive wadding, and will then do the same with the fabric of the back. After that I can fold it over and stitch down the edge (a fake binding).

In the top half of the picture you can see the blue fabric I will use to make the hanging sleeve.


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

There is now a new area where I have placed an oval of #182 Snail Trail Stitch. With this as a base I will build something with various stitches, just like I did with the star and the four hearts.




You can see how difficult it is to photograph this wool fabric, neither picture shows the true blue grey shade!



7 comments:

Rachel said...

I honestly think that photography is the hardest bit of embroidery blogging!

Janie said...

Good progress on your Log Cabin finishing and you've started a new design area on your wool teal. I've been slow to get going on anything, I have a little cold so I'm staying warm with feet up. And I've joined the Embroidery Guild USA, maybe class or project soon.
Sue is up to something new?

carorose said...

Some lovely work there and the light is never in the right place when you want to photograph a piece.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

i have folded over binding before. I managed to cut the backing fabric while I was trimming the batting so it is a bit scary, but I managed to fix it.

crazyQstitcher said...

So close to the finish of the Log Cabin. The making and endurance needed was indeed a challenge but well worth the effort. Cameras and daylight never seem to agree with our efforts to get a good photo. I'm another lagging with my stitching.

Tanya said...

Your wool embroidery is growing in size and beauty!

Pamela said...

The stitch sampler is progressing nicely.