Monday 25 October 2021

May I Suggest...Monday?

Every Monday I want to promote blog reading. The names of blogs I like have been written on pieces of paper, and today I picked two slips at random from my box.


Spoonflower

This is a commercial site. I first learned about Spoonflower from Linda at Lins Arty Blob. Spoonflower is a company where fabric (and wallpaper) is printed to order, they have a huge collection of patterns by talented artists,  Linda is one of them and has several beautiful designs. Search for Linsart to see.

Anyway, this is about BLOG promotion, and at Spoonflower there is also a blog. There you will find tutorials, free patterns, fat quarter projects, and Spoonflower Ambassadors, designers who have come up with various ways to use the prints. Among them is also an embroidery artist.

If you like fabric, art and design, if you want ideas for small gifts, and if you want to order fabric or wallpaper with a special design, or upload your own! and have it printed and shipped to you, have a look at this website.


Quilted Twins Quilt Lingo

BOM, PhD, DSM, Honey Bun, RST, UFO, Jelly Roll.... If you know what these expressions are, you don't need to learn any more quilt lingo. If you don't know, go to this site and learn to speak 'Quiltish'.

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I have purchased fabric from Spoonflower, designed by others. It is a great place to get fabric you can't get elsewhere. I went to Quilted Twins and see they have a large list of free scrap patterns too.

Pamela said...

I think I need to check out this quilt lingo, I only know a few of these.

Rachel said...

The Quilt lingo one will be especially useful - every now and then I find quilters intriguingly incomprehensible!

Rachel said...

Update: I've discovered I have a lot of WHIMMs!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the mention. I ordered some fabric yesterday from Spoonflower as there was a 20% discount available. I think it is on until Sunday if anyone wants to take advantage of the offer.