Monday 4 October 2021

May I Suggest...Monday?

Every Monday I want to promote blog reading. The names of blogs I like have been written on pieces of paper, and today I picked two slips by random from my box. 


NEW! It was suggested to me that I should make a blog list. I have made this by adding a tab at the top, 'Blogs I Suggest'.


There I have listed all the blogs in this 'May I Suggest...Monday?' series. If you find a blog you have missed, click on the date it was published and you will be taken to my blogpost. From there you can go to the blog in question.


Now for today's suggestions:

Click on the title to get to the blogs.

At Margaret's blog you will find traditional embroidery, most often counted work on even weave. The motifs, too, are traditional, and everything is beautifully executed. 
Recently I was impressed by a fantastic chessboard in Blackwork. It is the kind of embroidery that, if well cared for and protected from dust and stains, wear and tear, will become a real family heirloom. 
While waiting for the opponent to make the next move, can you think of anything nicer than to sit and study the pattern of each individual square on the board?
Margaret has many other strings on her bow, she gardens, cooks and preserves, whips up new clothes in no time, and is a good and caring companion to her mother.
A person to admire.

Wild Olive

Do you like cute things? With a modern touch? Then head over to Mollie Johnson's blog where she will show you how to make all sorts of sweet things, with embroidery, in felt, paper piecing... She also gives her readers book and blog suggestions, and there is an online shop.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, very useful to have the links all in one place!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The blogs list is a good idea, been catching up on a few I missed.

jacaranda said...

Great idea to have the blogs lists in one place. I have enjoyed reading through them all.

Pamela said...

Margaret does such beautiful stitching. Do you know she has a Japan connection? I’ll have to check out Wild Olive.