Monday 11 October 2021

May I Suggest...Monday?

Every Monday I want to promote blog reading. The names of blogs I like have been written on pieces of paper, and today I picked two slips at random from my box.

 


Kazuko Aoki

This is the blog of famous Japanese embroiderer Kazuko Aoki. She was trained in Sweden and that has influenced her a lot. Her motifs are usually of things found in her kitchen and flower gardens.

The blog is written in Japanese, but you can always enjoy the photographs.

Those of you who live in Japan, or can watch NHK's Sutekini Handmade, might already be familiar with Ms Aoki.


RSN STITCHBANK

Although this is not a blog, I recommend you look at this website.

I recently learned about this new project launched at Royal School of Needlework to celebrate their 150th anniversary. The quality of RSN guarantees this to be an excellent resource of stitches.

You can read a bit about each stitch, alternative names, sources... There are three types of tutorials: drawings, photographs and videos. 

Don't miss this!



5 comments:

Pamela said...

I had read about the RSN Stitchbank. What a great idea! I couldn’t read Ms. Aoki’s blog, but I can appreciate the pretty photographs of her stitching.

Rachel said...

The RSN Stitchbank is going to be very useful indeed, isn't it!

Lyn Warner said...

The stitch bank is going to be a great convenient resource. In a way I'll miss paging through familiar old stitch dictionaries in hard copy.

Anonymous said...

Aoki Kazuko-san books can be easily found going to the handicrafts section of the bookstore.

I thought the Stitch wall was similar to the Japanese family crest.(Family crest=KAMON)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The stitchbank looks a very useful site.