Wednesday 5 August 2020

WIPW - Grey Turns Crazy

So it is Wednesday again - this day in the middle of the week comes around so quickly.

My progress:

Freeform Embroidery
I added the following stitches: Herringbone, Diamond and Square Boss.



Tvistsöm Cushion
The humidity interferes with the woollen fibres and they seem to get frizzier and the stitching is harder.
Anyway, I managed to add some more columns, there are now 46.


Log Cabin Challenge
These ten stitches found their way onto the Log Cabin flimsy:
  1. Raised Chain version 1
  2. Linked Chain
  3. Feathered Chain
  4. Woven Trellis
  5. Triple Chain
  6. Threaded Cable Chain
  7. Sorbello
  8. Knotted Satin
  9. Upright Cross
  10. Two Sided Insertion

These additions are marked in yellow.


I also pieced another ten blocks. The total is 174.

Crazy for Crazy
Until now I have made fifteen blocks,
but think I'd better make another five. With twenty blocks I can get a better rectangular shape for the quilt. (The black bias tape will be removed, instead I will use a lattice when I eventually assemble the blocks into a quilt.)

So the first of these five new blocks will be in gray. Yes, I know it is a dull colour, but I think with the addition of beads, black details and in the centre a special piece of woven beads, it will still look stylish and elegant.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

That beadwork does make a very stylish centrepiece for your crazy patchwork!

Janie said...

Your work is beautiful!
I like the square boss stitch. And I think grey is a beautiful color it works so well as a neutral and is not far from any color.
Your Log Cabin blocks look fabulous too.

Pamela said...

Wednesdays do come around quickly these days! I think the grey will be very elegant.

Tanya said...

You're stitches are looking so great on that log cabin!

Julie Fukuda said...

The new crazy will be fun to watch. I used to do a lot of beadwork, but mostly native American designs. That one will be a good match.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Grey is a very popular colour for house decoration so I think it's a good choice.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

The beadwork is beautiful! I love your log cabin crazy quilt, the seams are so pretty :) I can definitely see how wool would be difficult to work with in the heat! Looking forward to seeing your grey blocks, I think they'll be a great contrast with the rest of the colours.

Angela said...

Oh, I love your freeform embroidery! Gorgeous! Sorry your internet is causing problems. Not fun.,