Friday 28 August 2020

Friday Homework for Lesson 143: Chopstick Stitch

First let me begin this blogpost with an announcement.
As you know I recently had problems connecting to the internet, and consequently trouble with blogging.
It was a flaw with the Internet Service Provider, and not Blogger.

However, I am now facing problems again with leaving comments on some Blogger blogs - just like I had some time earlier.

Rest assure that I will read your blogs, but if I cannot leave a comment I will do so by email - provided I have your email address.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Now for the Friday Homework for Chopstick Stitch.
This is a nice canvas stitch, but difficult to make without a grid. For the Teal Tailoring Wool Scribble Cloth I used a piece of waste canvas to guide me.

Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth


 Canvas Sampler


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart


Aida Sampler


5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

So good to see you back. I think I would need more than a grid to keep that stitch organized,

Rachel said...

Do you remember when we were told how technology would make life so much easier? Ha!

Taking refuge in puzzling out tricky stitches seems to me the right response, though...!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Chopstick stitch reminds me of the letter K

Annet said...

Your samples tell me this stitch looks good on different fabric. It's a very nice stitch and yes, I tried it yesterday to make a bold background on my embroidery. I plan to add it to my needlepoint sampler too. It's a pity you have trouble leaving comments again.

Tanya said...

Blogging is requiring more and more brain power... I haven't yet figured out why some photos get out of proportion and some don't. And some look fine on my computer but turn out elongated when looking at the blog on the iPhone. Actually placing photos into the blog at all has become rather hit and miss and the spacing is all messed up. Why does Blogger do this to us?