Tuesday 25 August 2020

WIPW - At Last I Can Show and Tell

Thank you for your kind comments. It is nice to be back in Blogland. Let's hope the Internet Service Provider is not playing any more tricks as it was frustrating not having a proper internet connection for such a long time. Especially as I had the time to stitch and I wanted to show my progress here at Work In Progress Wednesday.

While blogging was out of the question I worked on my various projects.

Tvistsöm Cushion
I made six new columns so the total grew from 46 to 52 columns.

Crazy for Crazy
I assembled the grey pieces, but placed the bead weaving off centre and not in the middle as I had planned. A piece of silver ribbon was topped with a black and silver braid.

Freeform Embroidery
Here I did not add a lot, just three stitches which were: Raised Cup, Fern and Renaissance.


Log Cabin Challenge
This is where my focus was. I pieced no fewer than 40 blocks, so the total now stands at 214.

As for work on the cushion flimsy, I worked hard on decorating it with new fancy stitches. The top is beginning to get that encrusted look I want.

I added 64! different stitches on the seams, among them are Waved Chain, Burden, Raised Fishbone, Crown, Star Darning, Parma, Magic Chain, Half Chevron...

The additions are marked in yellow:

I also have something to show tomorrow, tune in again on Thursday.

6 comments:

Lyn Warner said...

Welcome back! I'd love to see the actual log cabin piece, and the 64 new stitches. Wow!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Wow, you have been very productive. Love the cushion with so many interesting stitches! Glad your internet issues were fixed. That must have been so frustrating. I feel like internet is almost as important as electricity and water these days!

Rachel said...

One advantage of no internet is at least plenty of time to stitch!

Janie said...

Lots of progress on your T cushion, looking good.
And I like the 'kite' stitches on the freeform, the beading on grey CC is beautiful also.
More Log Cabin progress, you got a lot done, congratulations Carin!

Julie Fukuda said...

I guess we don't realize how much time and usage we put into the internet until it stops working. Glad to see you up and running and all that lovely produce time has brought.

Tanya said...

You certainly DID get a lot done! Your log cabin cushion will be finished soon it looks like...
Love the beaded piece you've added to your silver hexagon!