Sunday 23 August 2020

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 143: Chopstick Stitch


After a long break, when my internet connection was playing dirty tricks, I now hope to be able to post as usual, and visit your blogs as well.
It has been a time of frustration and many #%≈∞*!#§÷**. The good thing, though,  was that not being able to spend time on the computer, I had more opportunities to stitch.
Progress has been made; check out WIPW next Wednesday.

So today Sunday Stitch School is back with a new stitch, Chopstick Stitch. I have no idea where the name comes from. Have you ever seen or heard of it?
I found this great canvas filling stitch at Badasscrossstitch, where Rita shows in clear detail how to make it.

Nevertheless I have made my own photos.
Use fabric with a good grid, like Aida.

First make a V-shaped stitch



Underneath the V, make a long
slanting stitch.


Then repeat V, long slanting,
V, long slanting, V, long slanting 



At the side make a new column,
starting one step down.


For the third column, go back
up again

 Homework:
As this is a Canvas stitch, fill a square of the canvas sampler,
but also add stitches to these other samplers.


Finally I really hope that I have seen the end of my problems connecting to the internet.


8 comments:

Pamela said...

Welcome back to blogland! Interesting stitch.

Rachel said...

That's intriguing - I've never seen a stitch like it!

Janie said...

Good to see you're back at it!
And that's a good filler stitch, I'll be back to see what you've done with it on Wednesday.

FlashinScissors said...

Nice stitch! Glad to see you have your connection back! 🙂
Hugs
Barbara xx

jacaranda said...

Welcome back, I like this stitch and your instructions are always fabulous and clear.

Annet said...

Good to see you in blogland again. Fingers crossed everything keeps working now!

This is such a simple and interesting stitch. I hope to add it to my needlepoint sampler soon, so I can see if it will work on a very old Work In Progress.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

No I've not heard of or seen this stitch.
Welcome back to blogland.

Tanya said...

Good to have you back!