Wednesday 29 July 2020

WIPW - Purple Finish

There is a finish to report today for Work In Progress Wednesday, a Purple Finish.

Yes, I am talking abut the
Crazy for Crazy
purple block.
I added sequins and beads.


Next job will be to decide what colour the next block should be, and pick out fabric and thread.


Freeform Embroidery
Here we have the following stitches: Sycamore, Tied Windmill, Crested Chain, Detached Buttonhole and Rice.

Log Cabin Challenge
Plenty of new stitches here, too:
  1. Rambling Rose
  2. Bayeux
  3. Satin Stitch Outline
  4. X-Ray 
  5. Half Bullioned Chain
  6. Twisted Shell Chain
  7. Rosette Stich Rose
  8. Whipped Long Tail Chain
  9. Whipped Spoke
  10. Four  Sided


These new seams are indicated in yellow.

10 new blocks were added to the pile. Total number is now 164 blocks.


Tvistsöm Cushion
The rainy season is a bit too hot and humid for wool embroidery, but this morning was coolish and I completed two more columns, so the total is 44.

8 comments:

crazyQstitcher said...

A lovely finish to the purple hexagon. The latest Freeform collection is so attractive. Nice to have a break from hot days to add more to the Tvistsöm Cushion- I like the touches of gold.

Pamela said...

Great progress on all your projects. I can’t remember all the colors of your previous crazy blocks. How many have you completed?

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Nice finishing touches to your purple block. The green looks so good against that royal purple. And your log cabins.... you are really rising to the challenge!

FlashinScissors said...

The purple block is beautiful!
Tvistsöm cushion is amazing, you are doing well to be able to work on it at all at the moment, not the best project for hot weather.
The free form embroidery looks amazing ..... it’s grown so much!
And log cabin blocks too! You are doing well. I’d love to be stitching as much, but I’ve come to a sudden halt! But I’m sure something will grab me soon.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Janie said...

Wow! 164 blocks, impressive.
And your CC purple is finished beautifully. Great embroidery stitches added to free form project too.
The fancy colors look good on your cushion project and progress is being made here.

Rachel said...

A good finish on the block, and making any progress on Tvistrom is particularly good in hot weather!

Julie Fukuda said...

I really do like that purple finish. All those log cabin blocks maye me look back to thousands of triangles. My log cabin blocks are sitting in a tin discussing where they want to go. I have a feeling they are asking for more friends.

Tanya said...

Congratulations on the purple finish! It is just beautiful! You are getting so much done on all your projects. I'm rather envious as I don't have much to show for my summer days...