Wednesday 27 May 2020

WIPW - Stitches Galore

Work In Progress Wednesday. It has been another week of Stay Home - Keep Stitching.

Freeform Embroidery
Vandyke is an easy stitch, Triple Chain a bit tricky and the Reversed Buttonhole Bar, here worked in a circle over a Buttonhole Wheel is so satisfying. By using a variegated thread for the  top stitching I got this lovely colourful look.

Crazy for Crazy
What went on here? Well embellishment with sequins, ribbon embroidery and beads.



Log Cabin Challenge
First of all I worked on the cushion flimsy, and embellished ten seams with a variety of stitches:
Buttonhole, Feather, Herringbone, Running, Italian Border, Lock, Cross, Interlaced Running, Slanting Blanket, Straight.




 I also made 10 new blocks for the quilt that will accompany the cushion. The total count (including the 25 for the cushion) stands at 67 blocks.



8 comments:

Pamela said...

I agree, stitches galore! The log cabin blocks are so pretty.

Rachel said...

You have so many seams to embellish on the log cabins!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

All looking good!

Tanya said...

Ooh! Your log cabin is going to be so gorgeous! I wish I had the patience and the creativity to do more than just piece things together... But if I started embellishing I'm sure I'd NEVER get things finished.

Janie said...

Wow, great progress. I like all the different blues in your freeform project.
And beautiful variety of embellishment and stitches in CC and Log Cabin blocks.
Super Fun!

crazyQstitcher said...

I don't think I have ever seen a Log Cabin quilt with embroidered seams. It's a lovely idea and looks great. I like your C4C and Freeform very much. You have been busy.

Shami Immanuel said...

Log cabins are pretty. Your idea of embroidering in the log cabin seams is nice.

carorose said...

The log cabin quilt is going to be a major project but it is beautiful.