Wednesday 6 May 2020

WIPW - A Dorset Button

Work In Progress Wednesday:
Freeform Embroidery
Crazy for Crazy
Log Cabin Challenge
Extra: Dorset Button

Freeform Embroidery
Here we have: Raised Cup Stitch, Loopy Flower Stitch and Whipped Chain Stitch.

Crazy for Crazy
The support fabric is on, so I can safely put the block in a hoop.
A length of ribbon was ruched along one of the seams.

Log Cabin Challenge
9 new blocks were made, all in teal (no pinks).
Total number of blocks is now 46.

Dorset Button
Just for the fun of it, I made another Dorset button. It is worked around a pendant ring, so all I need is a chain or cord and this will become a necklace.

I get instructions and inspiration for these buttons from Elizabeth Healey's book 'Stitch, Fabric & Thread'.


9 comments:

Pamela said...

You’ve made great progress on all your projects. The log cabins are very pretty. I hope we will all be going to the Tokyo Quilt Show again so I can see the finished project.

carorose said...

Great work and lovely little button.

Julie Fukuda said...

Such nice work! I think I need to have more variety in my stitching so I can get inspired. Just the last outer border to finish quilting and I might have time to build a log cabin.

Janie said...

Your log cabin blocks look great.
And good stitch additions. I like the fancy ruched purple ribbon on your CC block too.
You've made progress!

Tanya said...

The colors on your log cabins are so pretty!

Rachel said...

The blocks are growing nicely, aren't they!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Great progress, lovely Dorset button.

crazyQstitcher said...

You have been busy with the projects and each is easy on the eyes. Love your Log Cabin tones and Hexie. The Dorset button will be admired as a pendant. Love it!

jacaranda said...

Lovely work and colours. Your log cabin is progressing, love the fabrics you are using.