Friday 8 May 2020

Friday Homework for Lesson 131: Interlaced Cross Stitch

I enjoyed doing my homework!

Aida Sampler
Working on Aida is easy as the holes are so clearly marked.

Sunday Stitch Reference Chart
The Looped Square, ⌘, is more prominent when it is worked in a darker colour than the foundation Herringbone Square.

Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth
On plain weave, this stitch is a little bit of a challenge - no guide lines, but I quite like the look of these anyway. I used two colours (red and white) for the Herringbone Square in one set of stitches.






2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, much easier to keep perfectly even if you can count the threads, and I suspect it is a stitch that benefits from at least some degree of symmetry!

Janie said...

Fancy stitch using different colors. That could make up an interesting border.