Thursday 21 May 2020

Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival 2021 - Partnership Quilt Project - Love The Earth

In spite of the Corona virus outbreak, there is hope for the future!

Show it by taking part in NHK's Partnership Quilt Project at Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival 2021, to be held in Tokyo Dome in January next year (hopefully!).

Under the tag NHK above, on my blog, you can read about this project and see my previous entires.

The theme for 2021 is  LOVE THE EARTH.
In charge of the project this time is Kathy Nakajima, famous for her Hawaiian quilts, and her son Yosuke Katsuno, who at present is hosting NHK's craft program Sutekini Handmade.

In tonight's TV program, and on the website (see link below), eight suggestions were made; pieced work, appliqué, Hawaiian, various kinds of globes and one crazy quilt design. However, I am sure we all are able to think up something unique and personal.

The rules are as always, 
  • size 15x15 cm + seam allowance of 1-2 cm
  • no quilting,
  • name written in lower right seam allowance,
  • enclose a self addressed 63yen postcard, if you live in Japan and want to know in which quilt your block has been added
  • NEW and IMPORTANT: print out, fill in and enclose the slip at the bottom of the website (see details below)
  • DEADLINE: 31st JULY 2020, when the block must have reached NHK
  • send to: 
Partnership Quilt
 NHK Sutekini Handmade
 2-2-1 Jinnan
 Shibuya-ku
 Tokyo 150-8001
Japan

PLEASE NOTE:
More information can be found on the official website. Sorry only in Japanese.
The slip you need to fill in looks like this:

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Thanks for posting this information! I hope we will be able to safely attend next year’s show.

Julie Fukuda said...

Thanks for including the link. Now all I need to do is think of some idea and find a bit of time.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Thank you for posting this info! I've got to put my thinking cap on.

jacaranda said...

Thank you for the info, I hope the Festival will happen in 2021. Something for you all to look forward to.

Rachel said...

Happy Stitching to all involved!

Tanya said...

Thank you for the information... I am always so out of the loop about the quilt festival. I wouldn't know anything about it if it weren't for you! I'll see if I can get that slip printed out (which might be as challenging as making a block!)