Wednesday 25 September 2019

WIPW - Glowing Stars

It has been another productive week as can be seen on this Work In Progress Wednesday report.

Freeform Embroidery
I added two variations of the Fly Stitch: Anklet Stitch and Buttonholed Fly Stitch.


Circles Challenge
Circles have been cut, the edges basted with Running Stitch and a round piece of cardboard inserted. The thread was tightened around the cardboard and the fabric pressed with a hot iron.






Glowing Stars
is the name I have given my design for the Tvistsöm cushion in wool. If you remember the cushion I showed in last week's post, you can see where the inspiration came from.
I have not decided on the colours yet, but will work with the wool I have, as far as possible.
I drew the design,
and started stitching right away with Vertical Tvistsöm.
So far, so good, and fun!

Birthday Card
It was time to make another birthday card. These heart shaped flowers are beaded.


7 comments:

chitra said...

Great progress on your works. Quite inspiring. The circles are enticing me to widen my boundaries. so many things to learn. The birthday card is a nice piece. cushion idea and work look lovely.

Pamela said...

You had a lot of great stitching time this week! The colors and stitches on the freeform piece are fabulous! The circles are really pretty too.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Circles looking good - I love the colors -

Rachel said...

Happy stitching! Love the look of the Tvistsöm design!

Tanya said...

So much variety in your sewing! I can tell that you never get bored!

Julie Fukuda said...

Hmmm, circles seem to be creeping in. Lots of things getting done on thaat fabric.

carorose said...

You have done so much stitching! Whata sized canvas did you use for you Tvistsom cushion?