Friday 13 September 2019

Friday Homework for Lesson 106: Tvistsöm - Horizontal

Wow! What a stitch! I LOVE it, and wonder why I have not learned it before. I feel tempted to make a cushion, filling the whole fabric with Tvistsöm, and work it in wool. Maybe something similar to a cushion I own, but which was not made by me.


Here is my homework:
Aida Sampler

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
(I used waste canvas to help me get even stitches on the plain weave fabric)

Canvas Sampler
This took time to complete as the stitches are so small, but it was easy, relaxing and fun.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks like a sturdy stitch, too, not likely to disintegrate under heavy use...

Julie Fukuda said...

It almost looks like knitting. Nice use of a cloudy day!

carorose said...

Love that cushion.

Pamela said...

This looks great! I love that cushion!

crazyQstitcher said...

A lovely neat sample that would also make a good border. I must remember your waste canvas tip.