Wednesday 17 October 2018

WIPW - Piling Up

It has been a reasonably good week and the Work In Progress Report contains the following:

Crazy for Crazy

I have added some more seam decorations on the Sweet Potato and Roast Chestnut block.



Cathedral Window

For this challenge with my friends Julie and Tanya I am following the instructions from Instructables.

Last week I showed how to press down the seam allowance of the cut pieces, and how to fold a piece in half and whip the seams together.

These are the next steps I follow to make a block:
Turn the block so the right side is out. Take care to make sharp corners.

Join up the two seams and stitch.

The instructions said whip the seam, which I did for the first half (lower seam in the picture). 
On my own initiative I then I stitched the other half (upper in the picture) with Ladder Stitch.
It was much faster and looks neater.

The last step is to fold the corners into the centre and stitch them down.

I have completed eleven blocks out of twenty so they are piling up nicely!



8 comments:

Pamela said...

The crazy block looks great, but I am really getting interested in the cathedral windows. Have you decided what your finished project will be?

Shami Immanuel said...

Crazy block is looking good. Waiting for your cathedral Windows to be finished.

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow, my blocks sure were not that neat!

Rachel said...

Yes, you're making good progress there!

Janie said...

Beautiful embroidery on Sweet Potato and Roast Chestnut crazy block. I like saying
those words.
And your cathedral window blocks look fun stacked together, nice work!

FlashinScissors said...

Great stitching! I like the colours of the Maidenhair stitches especially.
Wow, great progress on the cathedral windows!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

chitra said...

Very good progress indeed. the block is moving vey nicely, and very neat work on the quilt blocks.

crazyQstitcher said...

The colours for the Maidenhair stitch enhance the background and match the braid perfectly.

I'd never have thought of Sorbello as a couching stitch. Clever choice!
I love Cathedral windows but haven't tried them. I'm looking forward to seeing them done.