Sunday 14 October 2018

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 76: Loopy Flower Stitch

Welcome to a new lesson at Sunday Stitch School.
Today we are focusing on a beautiful stitch I found on a German website - Pumora Simplify Embroidery.

The stitch is called Loopy Flower.

You need the following things:
Fabric
(Embroidery hoop)
Thread for the flower (I used yellow)
Thread for the stem (I used green)
Thick pen/stick, or anything you can wind the thread around.

Then follow these steps:
 Take a small stitch.

 Wind the thread around the pen/stick

 Pull out the pen/stick carefully so as not to disturb the loops.

Pull the threaded needle through the loops.


Anchor the loops next to the first stitch.


Secure the stitch with a knot on the back. Cut the thread.


Change to the thread that will be used for the stem. With the tip of the needle open up the loops of the flower and take some straight stitches to fix the loops.


When the loops are secure, stitch the stem. I did mine with Stem Stitch.


 I then added a Detached Chain Stitch for a leaf.

 The pictures on Pumora's website are better than mine, you can see the tutorial here.

Homework: 
Aida Sampler
SSS Reference Chart
and as you are short of time, use the stitch for a birthday card.







9 comments:

Rachel said...

They are delightful - I look forward to seeing you use the stitch now you've learnt it.

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely stitch Queenie!
Thanks for sharing, I must try this soon.
Look forward to seeing what you do with it!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Annet said...

Such a pretty stitch! I wonder how it will look in different threads, I think you can use almost any thread for the flower part.

Janie said...

Good tutorial and what an exciting flower, I like your stem and leaf.
Pumora's version is good too.

crazyQstitcher said...

Sweet flower, Queenie. I'm looking forward to trying this stitch out.

Pamela said...

Great three dimensioal stitch!

Julie Fukuda said...

I wonder if those loops would get caught on things.....

Anonymous said...

Je n'ai rien trouvé en français concernant ce point
Si j'étais traductrice je dirai :
- Point de fleur bouclé.
Voilà
Mattia

Queeniepatch said...

This is what Mattia wrote in her comment:

I did not find anything in French about this point
If I were a translator I would say:
- Curly flower stitch.
here
Mattia