Every year in January Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival is held at Tokyo Dome. It attracts crowds of people both from Japan and abroad. There are many things to see, the contests of course, antique quilts and works on loan from quilt collections around the world.
|One of the 80 Partnership quilts from 2012. There are 120 blocks in each quilt.|
Many visitors come to have a look at their own block in the Partership Quilts. I contribute with a block every year (to read more and see my previous entries look at NHK from the drop down menu at the top).
For 2012 the theme is CIRCLE or CURVE. There are so many possibility for this, e.g. Drunkard's Path, Dresten Plate, Fan, Snowball...
Or what about one of these things:
The sun setting in the ocean
The full moon
a tennis ball
the OS rings
Sunbonnet Sue with a balloon...
Should you wish to participate, then these are the rules:
- one block per person
- 22cm x 22cm with a seam allowance of 1.5cm included
- flimsy block, i.e. no wadding, no quilting
- your name should be written with pen in the seam allowance of the lower right hand corner
- your block should have reached NHK by 31st August, 2012
- enclose a note with your name, address, tel no, email address
- send to:
NHK Sutekini Handmade
Anyone contributing with a block should be sent a postcard with information about into which quilt the block has been included. This is a great help to find your block should you have a chance to visit Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival next year.
How about contributing?