Wednesday 24 July 2024

WIPW - More Sunset Hearts in Place

It is Wednesday and time for the weekly Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Mandala

I have all four Sunset Batik Hearts in place on the Mandala. The batik was rather hard to stitch; maybe the best way to use this beautifully dyed batik is for machine stitching. Alas, I had already decided to needle turn appliqué these hearts, so I had to struggle with the stiff fabric. I am pleased with the result.




Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I added a #295 Backstitched German Knot Square in the centre of the previously stitched #289 Armenian Edgeding felt circle. This BGKS stitch fixes the round piece of felt to the wool foundation so the basting that kept it in place is now removed. Another square stitch is sitting directly on the wool next to the circle.



Hexablooms

I was delighted to receive a generous selection of pre-cut squares from a good friend. 


As you can see, among the squares is a Japanese print. This is, as far as I an remember, the only Japanese print in COTTON that I have. I have plenty of silk, and maybe polyester remnants of similar designs, This will be a unique hexagon flower for this quilt - the only one that looks like a kimono print but is actually quilting cotton.



No fewer than ten flowers were produced in a week. The total is now 40 flowers.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Good progress!

Pamela said...

Wow! Ten new hexagon flowers! I am very aware of how long that takes. Nice progress on the sampler and the Mandala too.

Janie said...

Your work on the Mandala is lovely, even though it was difficult.
And the hexablooms are so beautiful bunched together.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The mandala is looking excellent, and great progress with hexablooms.

Angela said...

Wow! Both projects are coming along beautifully!

carorose said...

I have to do something with all those hexigons I have put away!