Wednesday 31 July 2024

WIPW - Kumihimo

I have a new project to report on in this Work In Progress Wednesday post.


Kumihimo

I use reading glasses and have them on a string around my neck when not in use. The string broke, so I started making a new Kumihimo braid. I am using up stray strands of thread.

It is fun to have a new quick project. I haven't done any braiding in a long time.


Mandala
I added Buttonhole Stitch along the edge of one of the hearts.
Looking at the photo, I see I will have to redo these stitches as they are slanting in the wrong direction on the right side. It's fascinating how much you can see in a photo that you never notice with the naked eye!

Hexablooms
I cut lots of more cardboard hexagons, cut lots of new squares of fabric and stitched up ten more flowers. I pinned them together to make a neat group.


The total is now 50.






3 comments:

Angela said...

Yes, photos do tend to magnify things that went unnoticed.

Janie said...

Wonderful progress!
And you're making a new braid for your eyeglasses, that's a good idea. And your new batch of hexablooms are lovely together.

Rachel said...

If you don't notice it with the naked eye, does it need to be changed?