Monday 4 December 2023

QUILT SHOW in Yokohama - Part 3

Today I want to show you some of the floral quilts from China and South Korea.

Hydrangeas are very popular in Japan and many visitors fell for the beauty of this quilt by a Chinese quilter. I felt as if I could hear the gentle raindrops of the rainy season in June.

 



This Bargello quilt with flowers was also made by a Chinese quilter.

Some flowers are especially beautiful in snow, like these. Camelias? Peonies?, no the leaves are different...

A Chinese quilt with wadding for snow.


Spring has sprung as you can see in this scene with a blossoming cherry tree. The deep pink stands in good contrast to the blue-glazed roof tiles and stone walls.


See what wonderful quilts you can make with hexagons! And look at the glint in the vase! The play on light and shadow in the background also adds depth and beauty.
Sorry to say, the maker has a Chinese name that I can not read.


The last of the quilts in the floral series is a ZEN-tangle-like quilt in black and white from Korea. A beautifully made reverse appliqué quilt by I Unshu *イ ウンシュ.


To be continued ...

4 comments:

Pamela said...

The bargello quilt is my favorite in this group.

Janie said...

I do like the Blossoming Cherry Tree Quilt. So much inspiration!

Rachel said...

Those quilts become more magical, the closer you get to them!

Angela said...

I love the dimensionality of the hydrangea quilt!