Wednesday 19 July 2023

WIPW - Red Cups

 Work In Progress Wednesday.


Mandala

It was time to make the hard case bodies for the 'flying objects'. I had already selected a red synthetic material which is stiff, shiny and transparent. Actually, it is so transparent that I had to use four layers of fabric to cover each of the four large plastic cups.


 These will later be stitched on top of the 'wings'.


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

The fourth and last rectangle has been completed. I added #257 Belgian Cross Stitch and then #240 Dutch Cross.

They were easy to stitch with the aid of waste canvas, which I removed before taking these photos.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great progress! The red shiny fabric is pretty.
Pamela

Rachel said...

The dense stitching over the waste canvas produces a very striking effect, doesn't it.

Toki said...

A flying object that feels vitality.
Belgian and Dutch cross stitch is beautiful.

Angela said...

I love the way the sheer fabric looks layered. Great idea.

Tanya said...

I love the stitch sampler with the waste canvas removed!