Wednesday 5 July 2023

WIPW - A Popular Swedish Stitch

In the last seven days I have been able to work on both the Mandala and the Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler, so here is my Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Mandala

First I stitched a line of Buttonhole Stitch along the edge of the appliqué. Then the baseline of the Buttonhole was whipped with a blue metallic thread.


I then led the remaining metallic thread underneath the 'legs' of the Buttonhole Stitch.



I have worked on all four objects.


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

Inside the frame of Indian Herringbone I made last week, I have added #146 Knotted Stitch and #106 Tvistsöm (horizontal). This is a very popular Swedish stitch so it was fun to do and think of the old homeland!



5 comments:

Pamela said...

Both projects look great and are very colorful! Do you find yourself looking at all the different stitches? There are so many.
Pamela

Toki said...

The mandala will become even more gorgeous.
Glad you had fun sewing your hometown stitches.
😊

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Your mandala is looking great and the sampler is coming along nicely.

Rachel said...

Progressing very nicely, aren't they!

Angela said...

I love the way you added to the buttonhole stitch. I am totally stealing this idea.