Wednesday 26 April 2023

WIPW - Preparing Waste Canvas

I had a few pockets of time and made progress in my two Work In Progress Wednesday projects:

Mandala

I have started to add ovals made up of #97 Satin Threaded Chain Stitch, but to make them a bit more interesting I chose TAST#43 Magic Chain instead of ordinary Chain Stitch. I used a blue metallic thread for the Satin part of the stitch.




Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

As can be seen in the photo, I am still working on the #230 Cone Bullion Knot Stitch. I have also prepared a piece of waste canvas for the next rectangle. I plan to use some of the counted stitches. Watch this space!




4 comments:

Rachel said...

Magic Chain stitch is one of my favourite stitches that I never use. I really need to fix that...!

carorose said...

Great progress and I like waste canvas. I found out how it had been used in Norwegian traditional embroidery. That made me re-think it's use.

Pamela said...

I wonder which counted stitches will go on the new rectangle!

Angela said...

Magic chain works really well here. It is really magical and fun!