Wednesday 5 April 2023

WIPW - The Bow Is Tied With A Satin Knot(ted Stitch)

 Work In Progress Wednesday. 


Mandala

I repeated what I did last week on two more pieces of beaded sari silk. The fourth piece is left as you can see. It will be done before the next WIPW post - I hope!

Something pink is also needed for these four sections, so I will continue working on them.



Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I filled in the rest of the outline of the bow in #158 Invented Stitch (Half Cross).
Then I made the knot in the centre in #11 Knotted Satin Stitch. I am so glad I didn't chicken out a second time. It was easier to do this stitch on a smaller scale.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great progress, the bow turned out beautifully.
Pamela

Rachel said...

Scale turns out to be such a very important characteristic - either because it makes it easier to stitch (as you've discovered), or because it completely changes the appearance of the stitch..

Angela said...

This mandala is looking fabulous! How big is it?