Wednesday 1 February 2023

WIPW - Time for Hina

 For this week's Work In Progress Wednesday report I have been busy preparing for the HINA festival. 


Every year I make a few new ornaments to add to my mobile. You can read all about the HINA festival here.

HINA
I made the following HINA hanging decorations:
a wind chime (this is an image of the bell shaped wind chimes made of copper so common in Japan), a fan (uchiwa, a handheld fan made of bamboo and fabric) and a rabbit (the animal of the year, it is made in two parts, head and rear with tail, and a red bib in between).

Mandala
Only three cups were made, sigh...



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Hina additions! I love seeing this every year!
Pamela

Toki said...

Each one is so delicate and cute.😆

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your HINA mobile just gets better and better with each sweet new addition.

Rachel said...

Well, working on your delightful HINA ornaments took precedence over the domes. That seems perfectly reasonable to me!

Tanya said...

Ooh. You are so on top of things thinking about Hina festival already! I need to go search out my one Hina quilt that has been stuffed away for the past year. Some years I find it AFTER Girls' Day!