Sunday 29 January 2023

Sunday Stitch School: Lesson 240 - Dutch Cross Stitch

Let's add a stitch to our collection of Cross Stitch. This one is called Dutch Cross Stitch. I have also seen it named just Dutch Stitch. 

It is an elongated upright Cross Stitch, similar to a capital X with a shorter straight bar across.

Check out the instructions at Sarah's Hand Embroidery Tutorials or TRCs website.

Here is my photo tutorial:







An even cross is easy to make on Canvas or Aida where you see the holes clearly. For a wilder look, make the stitches free-hand on plain weave.

Homework:

Add to these samplers.



6 comments:

Pamela said...

This is a stitch I like, especially on evenweave or aida fabric.

Angela said...

You know for sure that I would go for the wilder look!

Toki said...

I can learn that the compatibility of fabric and
stitch is important.

Janie said...

That is a nifty little cross stitch, and like Angela, I would go for the 'free style'.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I think that one would be easy enough for me.

Rachel said...

It makes such a contrast with the stitch before, doesn't it!