Friday 3 February 2023

Friday Homework for Lesson 240: Dutch Cross Stitch

Like other stitches in the Cross Stitch family, the Dutch Cross Stitch is easy to do, especially on even weave or Aida fabric. 

It also looks good as a funny wonky stitch. I think it is a very flexible and enjoyable stitch - and it is easy to remember the instructions, to boot.

Aida Sampler

Doesn't it look good in wool?


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart

Mottled Wool Scribble Cloth
Wonky-wonky tumbling around the cloth.
Canvas Sampler
It is such a fast stitch I had time to fill in a block of Dutch Cross Stitch on the Canvas Sampler, too.
In fact, it was so fast that I made a careless mistake, which I am sure you can spot!






7 comments:

Pamela said...

I really like this stitch! For being so simple, there are a lot of different looks.

Annet said...

Such a nice stitch, love the argyle look in your last photo.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The canvas sampler looks very effective.

Toki said...

Even with a simple stitching method, it is interesting to be able to create various expressions depending on the number of threads.

Angela said...

It does look good in wool! I don't stitch with wool very often. I need to remember to look through that stash!

Rachel said...

It might be interesting to see whether it would also work as a half-drop pattern...

Tanya said...

That is so pretty as a filler! Nope. I can't spot the mistake!