Wednesday 25 January 2023

WIPW - Too Cold to Stitch?

It is bitterly cold in Tokyo, so chilly that I need 'fingerless gloves' to keep my palms and wrists warm. Stitching is hampered by these gloves.

In spite of that, I have managed to make some progress for Work In Progress Wednesday.


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I added three stitches:

#31 Braid Stitch (purple), #32 Chinese Cross Stitch (light blue) and #222 Detached Chevron Stitch.


Mandala
For this project the progress was not so impressive - my fingers were simply too stiff to handle small work. I just made these covered cups.

No need to comment.


6 comments:

Lyn Warner said...

I always find it difficult to imagine extreme cold when it is so hot here - 32 degrees C today. The last few days have been too hot and humid to stitch. I did briefly wonder about the powder mentioned by an embroiderer at the Royal School of Needlework while working on Kate's wedding dress, but it's not often I find the heat that extreme. I hope the weather soon warms up for you.

Toki said...

I can't wait to see how this blue cup will decorate the mandala.
It's been too cold.😖
Please be careful not to cool your body.

Janie said...

Yes, I use fingerless gloves too, for cold and when my hand is stiff and cramps from doing a lot of hand work. Cold makes it worse.
And I like your samples of Chinese Cross Stitch and Detached Chevron Stitch, well done.

Rachel Wright said...

Fingerless mittens are a godsend in cold weather. Make sure they cover the inside of the wrist!

Angela said...

Stay warm! It isn't overly cold here but we are getting yet more snow! So glad I don't have to drive anywhere today.

Tanya said...

I use those fingerless gloves too and have even put little hokkairou (the heated pouches) for socks into the palm area of the gloves. We do what we have to!