Sunday 13 November 2022

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 232: Romanian Macrame (Flower) Stitch

 I found this stitch on YouTube where Artesd'Olga made a beautiful flower. I want to show you the foundation stitch today. You can check out Olga's video:


Here is my photo tutorial:
Tighten the fabric in a hoop,
come out from the back.
Place the thread OVER the needle
and pull the thread backward.

Tighten the thread loop around the needle
and take a bite of the fabric.

Push the looped knot towards the 
fabric,

as close as you can get

Place the tread under the needle 
from right to left.

Tighten the thread,

and pull the needle through.

Your first stitched knot is done.

Repeat in the same way.







Homework:
Add here!



6 comments:

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

That looks a nice stitch.

Pamela said...

Interesting! I haven’t seen it before.

crazyQstitcher said...

What a fabulous stitch and design! I'm itching to stitch this but no time at the moment. I like your clear lesson, Queenie.

Annet said...

This stitch gives a nice bold line and it doesn't look very difficult.

Rachel said...

That's an intriguing stitch, with a lovely texture to it.

Daisy Debs said...

Oh that looks beautiful . I will have a try .