Wednesday 2 September 2020

WIPW - Back to Normal

I think I am back to normal when it comes to stitching. Here is my Work In Progress Wednesday report.

Tvistsöm Cushion
2 1/2 rows were added. That means I am working on #55.


Freeform Embroidery
The three new stitches are: Danish Knot, Upright Cross and Granitos.

Crazy for Crazy
I secured the bead weaving block with a Buttonhole Stitch, the ribbon was flanked by Herringbone Stitch and Top Knotted Buttonhole. Then I decorated one seam with Woven Zig-zag Chain.

Log Cabin Challenge
Nineteen seams on the cushion flimsy were decorated with Triangular Feather, Scroll, Buttonhole Bar, Chained Cross among other stitches.
They are marked in yellow.

10 new blocks for the quilt were pieced. I now have a total of  224 blocks. I begin to see a little bit of a dent in the stash of strips... How many more blocks can I make?


This progress is nothing special, so no need to comment.

7 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I would say that it is all special! Especially during these stressful days - it's inspiring that you keep up with your projects. All of them are so pretty.

Pamela said...

Is this the old normal or the new normal? I’m not sure these days. It’s so hot these days, it’s best to stay home and stitch.

Janie said...

Great stitches and beautiful choice of fabrics. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tanya said...

My question... How much blue fabric do you have left for that log cabin? Looking so good!

Rachel said...

It's always good to see progress, though, isn't it!

crazyQstitcher said...

New additions to four projects and another 10 blocks made. That's a goodly amount of stitching. I like the gold flecks in the Tvistsöm Cushion

carorose said...

Famous last words! It is special. See I commented.