Wednesday 30 September 2020

WIPW - Double Amount, No Not Really

 As I was unable to post a WIPW report last week one would think I have the double amount of progress to report on today. Alas, I have worked hard on some projects and less so on others.


Tvistsöm Cushion

I am now stitching row 62. Normal progress.


Freeform Embroidery

Crossed Feather, Straight Sided Feather and Triangular Buttonhole Stitch in the lower left corner.

Half progress compared to normal.


Crazy for Crazy

Reversed Buttonhole Bar along one seam and a sprinkling of Buttonhole Bars in metallic thread on the gray silk fabric.

Normal progress? I could have made more.



Log Cabin Challenge

I only managed 11 new blocks. Half progress. Total block count now stands at: 255.



However, I embellished 29 seams, marked in yellow, and now have only six left, marked in white.
Triple progress.

I have worked hard to avoid using the same stitch twice, so in total there ought to be 239 different ones. Good to have all those TAST and Sunday Stitch School stitches to chose from, wouldn't you say?

The back proves there is heavy, and messy, stitching.




8 comments:

Elizabeth's quarters said...

Looks like plenty of progress to me! I love seeing the reverse side of stitching, it's a bit like a sketchbook where you see all the thinking and workings out.

Janie said...

Yes, I have to agree with Elizabeth, it looks like a lot has been accomplished.
Great stitching on your cushion cover and managing 11 new blocks is impressive!
Good for you.

crazyQstitcher said...

I like how you have chosen a stitch and thread to compliment the background of black/silver. Neither outshines the other- lovely work. Such a lot of catching up work - you have not been idle. Wow! What a lot of stitch variations on the Log Quilt. It must be stunning in real life, and not yet completed. Elizabeth's comment is good.

Shami Immanuel said...

good progress. I like the way you apply the stitches to the seams of the log cabin block. eagerly waiting for the final result.

Rachel said...

I agree, there may be less even progress, but there is still much progress.

Tanya said...

That Log Cabin will be such an heirloom! The back even is fascinating!

Pamela said...

I think you have made a lot of progress! Isn’t it nice that the temperatures are getting cooler, more like autumn?

Julie Fukuda said...

I really don't know how you can remember which stitches you have already used. I am piecing houses and can't remember which fabric has already been used in a house and looking at over 200 houses is not the best way because it is too distracting and time consuming. Now that I am struggling with the new blogger and virtual meetings, I prefer to spend my time just sewing. Don't know if anyone will even notice if two houses use the same fabric. Maybe I could make a game of it ... find the matching house...