Wednesday 11 March 2020

WIPW - Support Fabric for Hoop

Work In Progress Wednesday

Freeform Embroidery
I worked a new and an old Sunday Stitch School Stitch into the Freeform Embroidery:
Laced Wheel Stitch (on the left) and Russian Chain Stitch (on the right).


Crazy for Crazy
The pieces have been basted down, and strips of support fabric have been added around the octagon shape. This will make it easy to place the octagon block in a hoop.
The first seam I embellished has a green cord couched down with Herringbone Stitch.

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
needed more labels so I typed them out and printed them on these sheets of A4 fabric.

The next job will be to cut out all the labels, iron them into the right square of each stitch, and finally stitch the labels down with invisible thread, just like I have done with the other stitches.

Tvistsöm Cushion
is still slumbering on the 'Corona Vacation Shelf'. I haven't wanted to risk public transport to go to the shop to get more yarn yet.


7 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the way the octagon block is coming together!

Pamela said...

Seeing your Crazy project has me thinking about starting a new crazy quilt project, maybe something small.

carorose said...

Glad to see you have plenty to do whilst you sit at home.

crazyQstitcher said...

You have not been wasting time, even though you are housebound. The Freeform intrigues me with each addition. If you are adding a backing, is it getting closer to completion? Love the tones of the hexagon.
I need to add names to your stitches I have done. I have forgotten most.

Janie said...

Good progress on your orange CC block and your labeling and sample stitches.
More time at home means there's a lot of time to get caught up on projects!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You've made a good start on crazy.

Tanya said...

Your hexie is so pretty! I love seeing you work on this project. It will all go together to make such a treasure someday!