Wednesday 18 March 2020

WIPW - Keep Calm and Carry On Stitching

My idea is that if in these times of the Corona virus outbreak you Keep Calm and Carry On Stitching, then you will have some Work In Progress Wednesday results to report.

Freeform Embroidery
The additions were:
Point a la Minute,

Tvistsöm
Chequered Chain Band


Crazy for Crazy
A paisley shape was stitched with Alternating Magic Split Stitch
and a seam was worked with Indian Edging Stitch.

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
Last week I printed out the names for stitches 80 - 127 on fabric.
These labels were then cut out and fused onto the chart, and finally stitched down with invisible nylon thread.

The new area is marked in red.
Please note I have already added the names of the next two stitches, but not done the actual embroidery yet.
The next question is if I can find enough new stitches to fill in the entire chart...


Keep Calm and Carry On Stitching, and Stay Safe!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sure you will find more stitches, or stitch variations!

Pamela said...

I’m sure you will find enough new stitches! Stitching is a great way to spend time while we wait out this pandemic.

Janie said...

I think your idea is excellent! Panic is over rated and it never helps.
Your plans and stitches are inspiring.
I think it's beneficial to make plans and work in themes.
I'm with you!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I don't think you will have problems finding more stitches to do.

crazyQstitcher said...

I would be very surprised if You could not find more stitches. I do like your chart with titles along with the samples. I like the Freeform additions.
Stay well

carorose said...

Oh I'm sure you will find moe stitches, we will all help you.

Tanya said...

Yep! I'm enjoying my stitching as I wait out the storm!

Julie Fukuda said...

Really like that Crazy for Crazy. It seems to be taking advantage of this super crazy time we are having.