Tuesday 3 March 2020

WIPW - Getting Crazy Again

It is time to report progress, here is my Work In Progress Wednesday report.

Freeform Embroidery
Two stitches were added, Twisted Shell Chain and Bouclé.


 Tvistsöm Cushion
After completing row #40 I will now take a little break.
I am running low on several shades of yarn and as I want a good variation of greens I will halt stitching until I can go yarn shopping.
It is the outbreak of the Corona virus that stops me going downtown to the shop - I just don't want to risk getting on crowded trains.
The Tvistsöm Cushion will be shelved, but the

Crazy for Crazy
project has been started up again instead .
Do you remember my crazy quilt octagon block project? It has been on the shelf for a long time.

So I started a new block, in orange shades.
Mother's dress from the 60s, a pair of pink slacks, as well as a scrap from a ballroom gown (I was given the scrap by a dressmaker) found their way into this block.
The first decorations are a piece of lace and a home dyed lace ornament, both are gifts from a good blogging friend.









8 comments:

carorose said...

I think you are very wise to stay home and getting back to that other project will keep you busy.

CaLynn said...

I am so excited to see your crazy quilt progress! I must have began following you after the project got shelved. Thank you for sharing all you do:)

Rachel said...

People who like quietly sitting embroidering are well-placed not to go stir-crazy in the weeks ahead!

Janie said...

Great progress on your freeform and cushion project.
I think the photo of your collection of CC hexagon blocks is gorgeous, like a treasure box.
And orange is a good choice, it's a lovely start.

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice to have a selection of things to work on. Looking forward to the new crazy hexie...

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Nice to see Crazy again!

Tanya said...

I love your crazy hexes!

And it is so much fun to see your free form embroidery grow!

crazyQstitcher said...

Good idea to remain out of harm's way with the Virus spreading so fast and far.
Be safe.
Lovely to see the C for C again and look forward to seeing the work on the new one.
The Freeform is filling the space now. The tones are soothing and stitches interesting to see.