Sunday 8 December 2019

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 116: Woven Long Tail Chain Stitch

Welcome to another set of five stitches here at Sunday Stitch School.
Today I am once again taking a stitch from Totsuka Embroidery Stitch Book #8 (Detached Chain Stitch).

Actually it is not one stitch, but a combination made up of three Long Tail Chain stitches whose tails have been woven into a picot.

The stitch has no name in the book, so I will give it the descriptive name of Woven Long Tail Chain Stitch.

Begin by making a Long Tail Chain Stitch
 


Add another stitch at an angle.


Anchor the tail in the same hole as the previous tail.
 

Add another slanted stitch on the other side.

Now begin weaving  (keep the thread or change to another colour) between the tails.


Anchor at the tip.


Homework:
Work on these samplers.


8 comments:

Aurelia Eglantine said...

What an unusual stitch! Would make a pretty little flower, although it also reminds me of a rocket ship 😂

Rachel said...

What a delight - I look forward to seeing how you use that one!

crazyQstitcher said...

I like this stitch sample. Should be good to play with.

carorose said...

Interestingt stitch. I must try it.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The long tail chain stitch would look like a bunch of [3] flowers if it was the other way up and no weaving.

Pamela said...

How cute!

FlashinScissors said...

Nice stitch Queenie, with or without the weaving!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Susan said...

Your name is very descriptive, but I keep seeing a pineapple, so my head thinks of it that way. I saw Maureen's 3 together, and it makes a very attractive flower arrangement.