Friday 1 November 2019

Friday Homework for lesson 111: E Laced Edging

This stitch is easy to make and is so pretty, especially when worked in two different colours.

I do not know where this stitch got its name from, and I can assure you I did not name it. It has been pointed out to me that it is a name to avoid...
From now on I will refer to it as E Laced Edging, E for Elegant, Energetic, Economic, East, Editor, Earth, Efficient, Elder, Eleven, Eyelid, Extra, Elastic, Eighty, Elbow, Efficient, Egg, Emergency, Easter, Eel, Embassy, or why not Embroidery?


 Aida Sampler


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart



Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It works beautifully!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I don't think I've ever done that stitch.

crazyQstitcher said...

The stitch works beautifully when curved and is also good two-toned or plain. I have finished the stitch but need to post it now. Easy to do too.

Pamela said...

Great samples. I like how it looks like hearts.

Julie Fukuda said...

I like the effect on the curves. That one could be named tippy triangles.