Wednesday 2 October 2019

WIPW - Crammed Stitches

Welcome to my Work In Progress Wednesday report for the first week of October.

One area of my
Freeform Embroidery
has been crammed with stitches from the Coral family.
You might not distinguish the individual stitch lines but there are:
Pearl Stitch, Coral Stitch, Corded Coral Stitch, Knotless Coral Stitch, Wrapped Coral Stitch, Zig-zag Coral Stitch, Double Zig-zag Coral Stitch and even Rope Stitch, which is a kind of Coral Stitch or Twisted Chain Stitch. So in total eight stitches.



Circle Challenge
I placed a square piece in the centre of each circle, then folded the edges over the square and basted the corners.


Glowing Stars
I have stitched a column of vertical Tvistsöm with coloured wool to build up the pattern of triangles on the sides.
Then I ran out of one colour!






4 comments:

Pamela said...

Very well done this week! Lots of progress. The free form is very "free". You've included so many different stitches.

FlashinScissors said...

Crammed stitches is looking lovely, and I like the Tvistsöm stitches too ..... they’re looking really stunning!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

Good progress, all the same!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I see why the post is called crammed stitches!