Tuesday 14 May 2019

WIPW - Ribbon Bow

It's been a productive week and I have the following to report for Work In Progress Wednesday.

Crazy for Crazy
I have reached the stage when it is time to play with beads, sequins and things that add shine, volume and structure.
Pearls and bugle beads were added.
More beads will be spilled here and there.


BES (Brazilian Embroidery Study)
Here I made good progress, I think. Making the ribbon bow in Buttonholed Double Chain Stitch took up a lot of time, but I am pleased with the result.

Oh, I do love the look of this stitch!
More Bullion Knots will be added to fill the knot in the centre.

Vaxholmskudden
Here, I have also made noticeable progress.
I stitched down a ribbon and four corner pieces. The latter have been edged with Buttonhole Stitch.

If I am lucky I will have as much progress to report next week, too!

6 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow, lots of creative progress here! Watching it is fun too.

Rachel said...

That bow is a great use of the stitch!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lots of progress. I can imagine the bow taking up a lot of time but it is looking good.

Janie said...

Beautiful embroidery on all projects. I like the red corners and ribbon border addition to the VHS.
Great work, Queenie.

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely work Queenie!

Hugs
Barbara xx

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Wow, your work is just beautiful. I'm back in Japan now - will be fun to see you and Julie sometime - let's be on the lookout for an exhibit to see together!