Wednesday 8 May 2019

WIPW - Lattice Work

It's Wednesday again, and that means it's time to write up a Work In Progress Wednesday report.

Crazy for Crazy
Here I made use of two recent Sunday Stitch School stitches, and I also attached the Dorset Button I completed last week.



BES
On my Brazilian Embroidery Study I tried out the Loose Cast On Stitch for these flowers:
Instead of using only the threaded needle for the cast on loops, you place two more needles parallel to the threaded needle, thus making a wide and loose stitch. A bit tricky, but I like the result.

Vaxholmskudden
Last week I made two paisley, or tear drop, shapes and this week I filled them with Lattice Work. I will fill in the void with either beads or French Knots.


5 comments:

Pamela said...

Great progress on all three projects. The pink crazy block looks very sweet and feminine.

Tanya said...

I love that you have so many DIFFERENT projects going on at one time! Variety is the spice of life!

Rachel said...

Good progress indeed. Always good to use a Dorset Button!

Janie said...

Beautiful additions to your projects.
The Brazilian flowers are amazing with the 'loose cast on stitching.'
Kind of like knitting or crochet?

FlashinScissors said...

Wow, Queenie! Love the Brazilian flowers and the Dorset Button!
It’s all looking amazing!
Hugs,
Barbara xx