Wednesday 22 May 2019

WIPW - Hearts

I have to hurry up to post this Work In Progress Wednesday report before Wednesday is over - it is that late in the day here.

Crazy for Crazy
Seed and Bugle beads have been added to the lace.



BES (Brazilian Embroidery Study)
I used the Double Cast On Stitch to make a multicoloured flower. The stem is made of Laced Running Stitch.


Vaxholmskudden
Here is where I have spent most time this week.

In the corner pieces I appliquéd last week I have embroidered a heart and embellished it like this:

On the half circles of blue cotton appliqué I have started outlining a shape in Stem Stitch.

The ribbon along the edge has been secured to the wool foundation with Tied Herringbone Stitch.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What a wonderfully multicoloured flower!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I'm liking your crazy.

Janie said...

Great stitching and embellishing progress. I like your additions to the VHS. It's filling up with stitching goodness.

Julie Fukuda said...

I especially love your crazy block. Always waiting to see what you will add next.

Pamela said...

I have to say, Vaxholmskudden is my favorite at the moment! The colors, the fabric, the stitches - all fabulous.

crazyQstitcher said...

My goodness, you have been very busy.
I like the bugle and seed beads and that your thread s are all white. That sets off the work beautifully.
The BES is so very original. I love the bow.
The Vaxholmskudden is fabulous and the gold appliques have my admiration.