Wednesday 24 April 2019

WIPW - Wool

I did not find as much time for stitching as I would have liked over Easter, so the Work In Progress Wednesday is only this:

Crazy for Crazy
I used Sharon Boggon's excellent template to mark an undulating line for Stem Stitch.
I attached a dragonfly lace motif and made a few flower petals in silk ribbon embroidery.
Both are from my stash of gifts.


BES
Bullion Knot roses blossom on the Brazilian Embroidery Study.

Vaxholmskudden
I wanted to do something in WOOL on the wool embroidery cushion, and Bayeux Stitch came to mind.




11 comments:

Rachel said...

That wool work is coming along nicely, and Bayeux stitch was a good choice!

Janie said...

Beautiful progress!
I like the dragon fly and the stem stitch line.
And lots of bullion roses to add color.
Your VHS looks great with the new stitch too, the design has good balance.

carorose said...

That wool embroidery is looking so good.

Pamela said...

It looks like you were able to do quite a bit on all of them!

crazyQstitcher said...

Your Stem stitch is so neat. It isn't always easy to control the stitch on curves.
The bullions are lovely and the cushion is gorgeous. The Bayeux stitch is great as the base.

Julie Fukuda said...

That dragonfly seems happy to have found such a lovely garden.

jacaranda said...

Beautiful wool work. I love stitched bullion roses.

chitra said...

the colours and stitching on the block is very pleasing and neat. Enchanting bullions. very lovely wool work embroidery. good progress!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You are getting a lot of practice with bullions

Tanya said...

Your little snip of dragonfly really adds movement! So pretty! I think back on all the hexagons you've made and each is so special! This is going to be such a masterpiece!

Susan said...

I REALLY like that dragonfly seam. It's perfect on the print background, which always gives me trouble.