Wednesday 17 April 2019

WIPW - Birdie

Work In Progress Wednesday.

Crazy for Crazy
I pieced the crazy block and started the embellishments.




BES
I stitched two leaves in Buttonhole Stitch, and added a stem in Back Stitch. The latter looks rather 'knotty' but it is only the thread that is thick and bulky.



Vaxholmskudden
The progress here has been some gold appliqué of circles, and Herringbone Stitch.



Birthday Present
I made a soft toy to give to a 1-year-old little girl on her birthday.
The design is from this book by Joelle Hoverson.
I made a change - I added some ric-rac as a crest. This birdie is a baby punk rocker!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Love your little punk rock chick!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like the details on crazy and your version of the birdie.

Janie said...

Hi Queenie, great stitching on your Crazy block, Brazilian and VHS projects, I like the herringbone.
The bird is cute and will be fun for a little one to play with.
Have a good day!

Pamela said...

Your new crazy block looks great. You've really done a lot on it already. You may have written this before and I missed it, but what is the size of your crazy blocks? The BES and the wool felt piece are both coming along nicely as well. The little bird is very cute!

Julie Fukuda said...

I especially love those stitches on the crazy block. The little birdy is so cute.

jacaranda said...

Beats stitching as always, love your little bird.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love the idea of stitching leaves in buttonhole stitch and love the “knotty” look of the stem.

Tanya said...

I like your rick-rack birdy crest! And I really like how the rick-rack on your crazy hexagon gets embellished by embroidery thread!

carorose said...

You have got so muchy work done and it's all lovely.