Friday 19 April 2019

Friday Homework for Lesson 95: Chemanthy Stitch, simple version

Oh, this is such a find! The Chemanthy Stitch (simple version) is not difficult (unless you try it on Aida!) but looks impressively complex.


Aida Sampler
As I said, it became complex and tricky when worked on Aida. I should have known as I find it hard to work curves on this kind of fabric.
I used the trick of CrazyQstitcher, and used a sharp tipped needle and ignored the fixed holes in the fabric.

 See the mess?

With Chemanthy Stitch this Aida Sampler is now full.
There are 94 stitches, only the Bayeux Stitch is missing, I can't remember why I didn't add it here...
I will start another Aida Sampler, as it is a good way to test any stitch on this kind of cloth to see if you have any problems. That's why I know Chemanthy Stitch is easier on plain cloth.

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
Look how much better it is on plain weave!

Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth
Doesn't it look good in variegated thread?

7 comments:

Pamela said...

This looks great, especially with the varigated thread!

Rachel said...

It is a real delight on a plain weave fabric, and the variegated thread brings the stitch to life..

Sarah in NF CT said...

Love it in the variegated thread. I think I'm going to work this into my current CQ project.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It does look good in variegated thread.

jacaranda said...

On the plain weave fabric, your stitch reminds me of looking down on a beautiful tree. I love the variegated yarn.

crazyQstitcher said...

How lovely all the samples look. The variegated thread is lovely and the plain ones are not to be ignored. I like your version with the short crossing. You've inspired me with that one to see what else can be done.
Thanks to Deepa for sharing the stitch with you.. and us.

Janie said...

Beautiful samples.
I like the organic, living look it has, kind of swirling, blowing in the wind or current.