Wednesday 10 April 2019

WIPW - Another Goodish Week

It has been another rather good week. This is my progress report for Work In Progress Wednesday.

Crazy for Crazy
I have stitched down half of the pink pieces on the foundation fabric.

BES
On the Brazilian Embroidery Study piece I have couched down pink thread for the heart shaped flower and added flower buds in Drizzle Stitch.

On the Sunburst flower I added more Bullion Knots and paired them with long Straight Stitch.
The Bullions are still untidy, but I read on Mary Corbet's blog, Needle 'n Thread, (at the bottom of the post, 'A Bullion Tale') that if you lick the thread when threading the needle, you should cut off the wet part and the thread will slide through the wraps more easily. 
It works! More practice needed though!
I also made a circle of Colonial Knots.


Vaxholmskudden
I used Stem Stitch and Zig-zag Cable Chain on rig-rac to embellish the wool and cotton appliqué on this cushion.




7 comments:

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Bes is my favourite today

Rachel said...

You're making all sorts of interesting progress on your projects - I'm particularly taken with Vaxholmskudden!

crazyQstitcher said...

A beautiful floral design and colours. I was mistaken, last week,thinking your Drizzle stitch was Buttonholing. It makes nice buds as well as leaves. Do you find Colonial Knots sit more neatly to the fabric than French Knots?
I love the simplicity of the embroidery on the cushion.

Janie said...

Great stitching! I like the heart 'flower' with leaves and stem, a row of those in a garden would be stunning.

Julie Fukuda said...

Is the drizzle stitch what you do on a rainy day? Wednesday sure was that ... but some places got snow. Love the works in progress!

Pamela said...

Yes, again this week you've had a good week with lots of stitching. I prefer colonial knots to French knots. Great progress!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These are so beautiful. I really couldn't say which I like more!